Mulling Syrup Recipe for Christmas
View & Print Mulling Syrup Recipe
Ross, the business founder has been adapting this recipe over the past few festive seasons and now you can try it out too. Make it now ready for Christmas!
It takes about half an hour to prepare, and then you can just bottle it up and serve whenever you have guests that need wowing over the next few weeks.
- 250g caster sugar
- 2 oranges (halved)
- 6 cloves
- 6 whole allspice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 nutmeg, grated
- 1 fresh ginger (thumb sized, sliced)
- 1 litre of water
- 12 black peppercorns
- 8 juniper berries
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring jug and scales
- Bottles – enough to hold 1 litre of liquid
- Add all of the ingredients into a saucepan, then bring to a slow simmer to dissolve the sugar.
- Simmer gently for 20 minutes, then strain through a fine sieve.
- Sterilise the bottles in a hot oven for 10 minutes, then leave to cool slightly.
- Re-heat the mulling syrup, then pour into the bottles and seal.
** Tip: pour a good measure into red wine or cider and heat gently for the perfect winter warmer!**
Let us know how you get on by sharing your creation and tagging us @rossandrossgifts