Mincemeat Recipe for Christmas
This mincemeat recipe is perfect for filling your mince pies with and using as a Christmas treat, throughout the day. Or, you can use as buffet food for any Christmas parties you may be hosting. This recipe is for those real foodies’, who are willing to prepare this recipe a month in advance for Christmas.
This recipe takes about 15 minutes to prepare and then 4-6 weeks to mature.
You can also download the recipe by clicking below.
View & Print our Mincemeat recipe
- 250g dried beef suet
- 350g bramley apples (peeled, cored, small dice)
- 250g currants
- 150g mixed peel
- 1 lemon (zest & juice)
- 75ml dark rum (or spiced)
- 100g blanched almonds
- 1/2 tsp of salt, nutmeg, mace, mixed spice, cinnamon & cloves
- 150g raisins
- 150g dark soft brown sugar
- 100g sultanas
- 75ml brandy (good stuff)
- Large Bowl
- Sealable jars (3 large)
- Chopping board
- Sterilise the jars in a hot oven for 10 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients into a large bowl except about half of the rum and brandy.
- Pack into the jars up to the top.
- Pour the remaining booze on top, then seal and store in a cool dark place for 4 -6 weeks.
*Tip* Why not use filo pastry to make your mince pies? Serve hot with a dollop of brandy cream!
Let us know how you get on by sharing your creation and tagging us @rossandrossgifts