Cranberry Sauce Recipe for Christmas
CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE
Our Cranberry Sauce Recipe is the perfect combination of sweet and rich and a great accompaniment to your Christmas turkey this year.
It takes about 15 minutes to prepare and then about 30 minutes to cook. You can then either pop it in jars in the cupboard or in bags straight into the freezer. We kept some out to put on top of ice cream though, which sounds strange but is delicious.
View & print Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- 450g fresh or frozen cranberries
- 210g caster sugar
- 1 orange (juice and zest)
- 4 pears (peeled, cored & diced)
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise
- a good glug of port
- salt & pepper
- Sealable jars (2 large)
- Chopping board
- Sterilise the jars in a hot oven for 10 minutes (but not if you plan to just freeze the sauce in bags).
- Gently heat the orange juice and sugar in a pan, add spices and stir gently until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the cranberries, pears, port & orange zest.
- Continue to stir occasionally, gently simmering until the cranberries collapse. Then season with salt & pepper.
- Remove the cinnamon and star anise.
- Pour your sauce into your sterilised jars and store in a cool, dark place, or simple ladle into bags and freeze once cooled.
Let us know how you get on by sharing your creation and tagging us @rossandrossgifts