Chocolate Truffles – Week 10 – 10 Weeks of Christmas Recipes
How to make your own Chocolate Truffles at home for Christmas!
WEEK 10 – CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES
The final recipe in our 10 Weeks of Christmas recipes are these deliciously decadent chocolate truffles. They are Perfect for gifting or treating yourself!
View & Print our Chocolate Truffles recipe!
Download Chocolate Truffles Recipe (127 downloads)
- 300g dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 250g double cream
- 25g liquid glucose
- 50g unsalted British butter (room temperature)
- 300g melted milk chocolate
- 80g cocoa powder
- Wooden Spoon
- Measuring Jug
- Non-stick tray
- Grate the dark chocolate finely.
- Boil the whipping cream and glucose together.
- Then pour over the grated chocolate. Mix well.
- Add butter and mix until evenly combined. Pour into a non-stick tray to set.
- Scoop out balls of the mix and roll into balls. Set in fridge for at least an hour.
- Melt the milk chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water (bowl not touching the water).
- Allow to cool but still runny.
- Dip truffle balls into the chocolate and either roll into the cocoa or other chosen garnish (see Tips).
- Store in the fridge until needed.
* Try rolling in crushed, shelled pistachio nuts; lightly toasted desiccated coconut; or roll a truffle flavoured with orange zest and juice in cocoa powder
Let us know how you get on! We’d love to see your pictures and comments on social media: