A healthy favourite of spicy and aromatic Cauliflower Chaat. Spiced cauliflower florets with chickpeas, mango and Pomegrante, served with a mint raita / yoghurt
For the chaat –
- One 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- One ripe mango, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 green chilli, de-seeded and chopped (optional)
- Handful toasted almonds, chopped
- 1-2 tsp chaat masala spice (dependent on taste)
- Juice 1/2 lime
For the mint raita / yoghurt –
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup coconut yoghurt (I used Co-Yo)
- 1/2 cucumber, grated and squeezed to remove water
- Handful fresh mint, finely chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
- Start by preheating your oven to 220C to roast your cauliflower.
- Toss the cauliflower florets with the oil, spice and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Arrange on a lined baking tray, then place in the oven to bake until tender and browned – around 18 to 20 minutes – turning half-way through cooking. Set aside to cool completely.
- To make your mint yoghurt, simply stir together all ingredients, then place back in the fridge until ready to use.
- Make your chaat by tossing together the cauliflower with the remaining ingredients, seasoning to taste if needed.
- Serve in bowls with spoonfuls of mint yoghurt and eat immediately.
See more from Sam Hadadi
Let us know how you get on! We’d love to see your pictures and comments on social media: