Caramel Whiskey Sauce – Week 8 – 10 Weeks of Christmas Recipes
How to make your own Caramel Whiskey Sauce at home for Christmas!
WEEK 8 – CARAMEL WHISKEY SAUCE
We’re 8 weeks into our 10 Weeks of Christmas recipes and we know the mince pies have made an appearance already so why don’t you try making this easy recipe for a scrumptious Caramel Whisky Sauce that will be ideal to have with them.
View & Print our Caramel Whisky Sauce recipe!
Download Caramel Whisky Sauce Recipe (142 downloads)
- 200g of British butter
- 400g of light brown sugar
- 230 ml of heavy cream
- 50 ml whisky (try a smoky single malt)
- Pinch of Sea salt
- Wooden Spoon
- Measuring Jug
- Glass jars
- Place all of the ingredients, except the whisky, in a medium pot over low heat. Stir until melted and combined.
- Turn the heat up to high and bring the caramel to a boil.
- Once it is boiling, turn the heat down to medium-high and gently boil for 3 more minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the whisky, stirring constantly, as the whiskey will cause the caramel to bubble back up.
- Pour into individual sterilised jars. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
**Serve with Christmas Pudding or over Mince Pies!
Let us know how you get on! We’d love to see your pictures and comments on social media: