BBQ Smoky Chipotle Fondue Burger
The UK love burgers that much, that we have a dedicated National Burger Day today for us to enjoy all the juicy, spicy, cheesy burgers we could possibly eat! National Burger Day has been celebrated for the past 5 years and the biggest celebrator of this special day is Mr.Hyde, a unique blogger. There is a dedicated web page with everything you need to know about the events going on today and how you can get 20% off burgers in some of your favourite restaurants, just click here! The website includes over 1,000 venues nationwide that are taking part today and offering a variety of discounts off your favourite burgers. There are also multiple competitions taking place, including a trip for two to New York!
Getting cheese (proper cheese) to melt on the BBQ is always tricky. So we went with Fondue. Ross B used to be Cheesemonger to the Queen so he knows a thing or two about cheese and especially British cheese. So we have gone with West Country Cheddar and Ogleshield paired with our Cotswold Pig. The results took to burger to the next level.
We have been posting some delicious new recipes the past couple of days which you can find here. Today we have a mouth-watering BBQ Smoky Chipotle Burger for you to try, to get fully involved with National Burger Day. The burger features our own Smoky Chipotle Chilli Jam which is an amazing addition to glaze the burger with.
Serves 4 Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 15 mins
You will need:
750g x beef mince – ratio 75% meat, 25% fat (made of 250g each of chuck, rib & brisket)
Salt & pepper
1 x jar Ross & Ross Smoky Chipotle BBQ Jam
8 x smoked streaky bacon
Fondue – see recipe below
To build: burger buns (demi-brioche), shredded lettuce and sauces of your choice.
1. Go to your butchers and ask for the mince. Maybe order in advance but ensure they know the meat/fat ratio.
2. Light the BBQ.
3. Take the mince out of the fridge, add some black pepper and roll into four equal balls. Place back into the fridge for 30 mins.
4. Cook the bacon on the BBQ and place to one side to keep warm.
5. Take the burgers to the BBQ, season one side of the ball with salt and place salt side down onto direct heat on the BBQ.
6. Press the ball down with the palm of your hand to flatten out slightly.
7. Season the top with salt and press down with a spatula and cook for two minutes. Then turn over and cook for 2 more minutes.
8. Glaze one side of the burger with some of the BBQ Jam, flip over to cook. Glaze the other side, flip and cook that side. Cook to your
liking but ensure the jam does not burn.
9. Then pour over the British Fondue (see recipe below)
10. Toast the baps. Then add the bacon to the top of the burger and
build to your liking.
We suggest serving with more BBQ Jam mixed with a little mayo and finely diced shallots.
British Fondue Recipe:
You will need:
150g Hard British cheese – we have used West Country Cheddar and Ogleshield, grated
120ml Ale – we use our Cotswold Pig
1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
½ tbsp. Cornflour
1 Clove garlic
½ tsp Smoked Paprika (picante)
Our Catering team love a good burger and get super excited when one of our clients orders it for their event! We love going out of our way to create unique and personalised menus for our clients events. We have done a variety of fun and quirky events, such as a ‘hoedown’ themed charity dinner. Personalising events for our clients and being able to make their event special and a day to remember is our main goal here at Ross & Ross Food. We even have separate bar packages for you too choose from to make sure everyone is well fed and always have a drink in their hand…
To download our catering brochure just click here [Download not found]
To download our Bar packages just click here [Download not found]
We hope you enjoy this tasty burger! We would love to hear how the recipe went by commenting below and tag us in some pics of your burger on social media @rossandrossfood. You can also get involved in our @UKBBQWEEK competition we have going on, on our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. You could be the lucky winner of a BBQ Hamper or a Homemade Curing Kit…Bacon. Take a look at some of our other BBQ Recipes we have for you to enjoy the last bit of summer.