BBQ Flat iron Steak
BBQ Flat Iron Steak
A great steak packed full of beefy flavour. Almost half the price of other premium cuts but with bags more taste that most.
Prep time: No prep time just marinating in the fridge for a few hours.
Cook time: 10 mins plus resting time of 10 mins.
- Lightly dust with Steak Rub (if you are using it), rub in and leave in the fridge for a few hours
- Leave steak out of the fridge for an hour or two before cooking. Somewhere cool and covered
- Light the BBQ. You will be cooking direct over the charcoal. The addition of wood chips or chunks would be great with this. We used oak chunks.
- Once the BBQ is hot, season the steak all over with BBQ Salt and place directly over the hot coals. We moved the grates right over the coals so it is closer to the steak. Add the wood if using. Close the lid of the BBQ to help capture the smoke.
- Turn every minute and baste with the butter
- We cooked this to medium rare at 56◦c. Then leave to rest in any left over butter, somewhere warmish, for about ten minutes.
- We carved this against the grain at a long angle. Season with BBQ salt and serve.
Let us know how you get on! We’d love to see your pictures and comments on social media: