Bacon Chocolate Brownies Recipe
Using Ross & Ross Homemade Curing Kit…Bacon
PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 30 mins
YOU WILL NEED:
- 100g Homemade streaky bacon
- 2 tablespoons of local honey
- 60g unsalted British butter
- 120g brown sugar
- 30g white sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 90g all-purpose flour
- 60g cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 60g chocolate chips
Bacon Chocolate Brownies Recipe (98 downloads)
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C (gas mark 3). Grease a 20cm square baking dish.
- Fry bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until nearly crisp. Add honey and stir until the foaming subsides. Remove the bacon onto a plate to cool.
- Mix melted butter, brown sugar, white sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl, then mix in eggs.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, and salt together in a bowl and add to the egg mixture.
- Fold bacon and chocolate chips into the mixture. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean (about 25 to 35 minutes).
- Allow brownies to cool for 20 minutes before cutting into squares.
Cure you own bacon at home using Ross & Ross Curing Kits – more info here